Eligibility for the Resurgence Support Payment
UPDATE: From 9 September 2021 if you've been in business for at least 1 month before the alert level increase on 17 August 2021, you can apply for the payment. The original criteria was 6 months.
As we continue to cope with another lockdown in NZ, the Government are updating support measures for businesses and workers.
The Resurgence Support Payment assists small businesses to cover expenses such as wages and fixed costs, when there is a move to Alert Level 2 or higher for a week or more.
Applications for the alert level increase announced on 17 August will open at 8am on 24 August.
- A business or organisation must have experienced at least a 30% drop in revenue or a 30% decline in capital-raising ability over a 7-day period, due to the increased COVID-19 alert level.
- Revenue is compared to a typical 7 day period in the 6 weeks prior to the change in alert level.
Eligible businesses and organisations can apply to receive the lesser of:
- $1,500 plus $400 per full-time equivalent (FTE) employee, up to a maximum of 50 FTEs
- four times (4x) the actual revenue decline experienced by the applicant.
- The payment is not a loan, so it does not need to be repaid.
Tax intermediaries can apply for the RSP on behalf of their clients, so talk to us, we are here to help you.
For more information on the resurgence support payment and calculate the amount you would be entitled to, visit the Inland Revenue page.
If you have any questions the RSP or the other COVID-19 financial support available, or would like us to make the application on your behalf contact the team via the email CLICK HERE.